You can always listen to the most recent show by clicking right here!
Nov. 18, 2017
- Our winter pattern makes inshore fishing tough. Blustery winds, chilly temperatures, low tides and bright blue skies may not be ideal fishing weather — but you can find a way to make it work. Also, how hard is it to target a cobia? Spot Check: The U.S. 41 bridges.
Nov. 11, 2017
- Everybody's always looking for fishing spots, so we're going to give you what you want this week. We're discussing several great local spots in depth, teaching you how and where to catch fish. Spot Check: The Matlacha Cutoff.
Nov. 4, 2017
- What's better: Live bait or lures? Incoming or outgoing tides? Snook or redfish? Sure, it's all opinion — but sometimes understanding differences of opinion can help you form your own. Spot Check: Mondongo and Patricio islands.
Oct. 28, 2017
- Kingfish are the big story, or would be if this wind would freakin' settle down. It will eventually, so let's talk about a bunch of different ways to catch yourself a king. Spot Check: The Ice House Flats.
Oct. 21, 2017
- What annoys you on the water? We've all got our lists, but for Josh, Robert and Capt. Mike, the big one is the lack of respect we see all too often. Remember the Golden Rule? A lot of people seem to have forgotten. Spot Check: Danger Reef.
Oct. 14, 2017
- The FWC is holding a Goliath grouper workshop
in Port Charlotte this week, so let's chat about these massive fish. Beach hfishing is starting to get good, so we'll talk about that too. Spot Check: The Skating Rink.
Oct. 7, 2017
- Robert's got the day off, so we filled his chair with Charlotte County Sea Grant agent Betty Staugler
. She's a science kind of girl, so in this show we're taking on some science kinds of issues. Spot Check: Redfish Pass.
Sept. 30, 2017
- The lunacy of redfish regulations just might be enough to drive you clinically insane, but there's good news: The most funnest fun fishing of the year is about to get crankin'. Spot Check: Lemon Bay Park.
Sept. 23, 2017
- Did you know it's National Hunting & Fishing Day
? Also, fall mackerel are starting to show up along our coast. How to catch 'em, and how to cook 'em so they're delicious. Spot Check: Venice Municipal Pier.
Sept. 16, 2017
- We're glad to be back and in one piece. As you might guess, this week we're discussing the after-effects of Hurricane Irma, and all just a bit about the upcoming fall fishing season. It's a good time to be alive. Spot Check: Captiva Rocks.
Sept. 9, 2017
- I debated putting this show up at all, but what the heck. This is our half-baked attempt to do a show as Cat 4 Hurricane Irma was barreling down on us. At that time, it was predicted to go right over the Harbor. Hard to listen to, but we did our best.
Sept. 2, 2017
- We're mostly talking about that most humble but most necessary piece of tackle, the fish hook, and how to choose the right one. Also discussed: Rain, sawfish, saltmarsh snakes, and the massive hotel/condo complex planned for Bayshore Road. Spot Check: The Power Pole reef.
August 26, 2017
- Snook season is right around the corner, so naturally we thought you might want to collect some tips and tricks to help you get a slot fish this fall. Spot Check: Ski & Rag Alleys.
August 19, 2017
- What? No Josh again? That's fine. Robert and Capt. Mike know how to talk too, and this week it's about a decision you need to make: Redfish or tarpon? Spot Check: The east side of Charlotte Harbor.
August 12, 2017
- Josh is busy this week, but Capt. Mike and Robert have plenty to talk about — mostly, questions from our listeners. We got some pretty good ones this week, so check it out. Spot Check: Helen's Reef.
August 5, 2017
- Fishin' stinks! No, we're not talking about how well the fish are biting — we're talking about how to use scent to get more fish interested in whatever you're casting at them. Spot Check: The Placida trestle.
July 29, 2017
- Too often, fishing reports assume that everyone has a boat and can go anywhere they want. This week, we're all about helping land-based anglers catch more fish. Spot Check: Gasparilla Island (Boca Grande) beaches.
July 22, 2017
- How big a hook do you really need? You might be surprised. Also, we have some great listener questions to answer (and if you have a question for a future show, email us
or text Josh at 941-276-9657). Spot Check: Coral Creek.
July 15, 2017
- The big ICAST fishing tackle show is over, but what if you could have a taste of ICAST right here in Port Charlotte? (It's coming!) Also, we're talking with Tyler Crane of Veteran Excursions To Sea
. Spot Check: The Mohawk wreck.
July 8, 2017
- While the cat's away, the mice will play! Josh is taking the week off, so Capt. Mike and Robert are running the show. They brought in Capt. Karl Butigian of KB Back Country Charters
to chat. Spot Check: Whidden Creek.
July 1, 2017
- Josh and Robert caught some cool fish without Mike, and then Robert gets a special delivery live in studio. Plus, maybe we can start catching tarpon now that "tarpon season" is about over. Spot Check: The phosphate docks at Boca Grande Pass.
June 24, 2017
- Red tide? Nah, that's just brown water. Happens every year when the rain starts. What's biting? Snook, sharklets, reef fish, and Mike brags about the redfish he found. Spot Check: The Capt. Jeff Steele Reef.
June 17, 2017
- Hey, it's red snapper season again! We're also talking about power loading at the boat ramp, freshwater fishing spots and a whole bunch of other local fishing info. Listen and learn something! Spot Check: Pirate Harbor.
June 10, 2017
- What does a hill tide have to do with The Hill at Boca Grande? Plus Capt. Mike explains how easy it is to be a fishing guide, and we answer some listener questions. Spot Check: Albee Road Bridge.
June 3, 2017
- Our old friend Capt. Sandy Melvin joins us to talk about the upcoming Gasparilla Island Kids Classic Tarpon Tournament
, plus tarpon fishing in general. Oops, did somebody say "tarpon jig?" Spot Check: Captiva Pass.
May 27, 2017
- Are you excited to finally go offshore? The winds are becoming agreeable and gag season opens June 1 (along with red snapper, for a whole three days). Time to get on the Gulf. Spot Check: Bokeelia.
May 20, 2017
- Things are a-changing: Rain is starting to fall and spring is giving way to summer. How are you going to deal with it? And also, you'll never forget the words "chub rub," even if you want to. Spot Check: Mary's Reef.
May 13, 2017
- Yes, we just talked about tarpon last month, but a lot has changed in four weeks. Let's take a look at where (and how) to target a sabalo right now. Spot Check: Harbor Heights.
May 6, 2017
- Crabs are an important food source for many species of fish, but oddly, most local anglers don't use them for bait very often. Maybe we can convince you to give them a try. Spot Check: Laishley Park Pier.
April 29, 2017
- It's the last weekend of the spring snook season, and if you don't get a keeper now you won't be able to bring one home until fall. Time for some last-minute tips! Spot Check: Manasota Key's beaches.
April 22, 2017
- Spanish and king mackerel are showing up in good numbers, and they're a lot of fun to catch. Also, Maralee from Harbor Seafood
brings in breakfast and Mike stuffs his face for a while. Spot Check: The Skating Rink.
April 15, 2017
- Tarpon are showing up all over, from the offshore Gulf to the river mouths. But convincing early season silver kings to bite can be frustrating, so we have some pointers to help you get hooked up. Spot Check: The Boxcars reef.
April 8, 2017
- People have been fascinated with sharks for a long, long time - so it's no surprise many anglers enjoy fishing for these toothy beasts, But even friends can disagree about what the best methods might be. Spot Check: Boca Grande Pass.
April 1, 2017
- Looking for a new challenge? How about a little largemouth bass fishing? We don't have much in the way of big lakes locally, but there's no shortage of fishing holes or fish. Spot Check: Johnson Shoals.
March 25, 2017
- Everybody wants to have fresh grouper for dinner, but grouper haven't been that easy to come by lately. If you're looking for some tips, we've got 'em. Also, who's gonna win the bass shootout: Mike or Josh? Stay tuned. Spot Check: Quarantine Rocks.
March 18, 2017
- There's nothing like the aroma of lightly grilled FWC officer to start your day. Officer Brian Norris stopped by to talk boating safety and we held his feet to the coals. Well, only a little - we actually like fish cops. Spot Check: Turtle Bay.
March 11, 2017
- Ah, spring: That time when a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of huge glistening fish flying through the air. Tarpon are on the way - let's talk about how to make your silver king dream a reality. Spot Check: Two Pines.
March 4, 2017
- Snook season opened March 1 and a lot of fishermen have already been enjoying them. If you need some tips to help you connect to a linesider, no worries - that's what this show is all about. Spot Check: Hog Island.
Feb. 25, 2017
- The calendar says spring won't start until March 20th, but the weather says it's already begun - and the fish seem to agree. Let's take a look at what we'll be targeting over the next couple months. Spot Check: Sandfly & Devilfish Keys.
Feb. 18, 2017
- You have questions; we have answers. This week's show is all about answering reader questions, which we love doing. If you have questions for us or topics you want us to discuss on the show, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Spot Check: El Jobean.
Feb. 11, 2017
- How do you feel about open season on Goliath grouper? And how many fish is enough to keep? Plus we've got some tricks for hooking those sneaky cobia. Spot Check: Catfish Creek.
Feb. 4, 2017
- How many species have you caught in Southwest Florida? There are more than you probably think. Plus we're talking ultralight tackle, microfishing, and Robert scolds Josh. Spot Check: The Palm Island Ferry reef.
Jan. 28, 2017
- The gremlins got into the studio, but we managed to make a show anyway. We're talking dock lights, freshwater opportunities and a little about catching and cooking cobia. Spot Check: Cocoplum Waterway (9-Mile Canal).
Jan. 21, 2017
- When the whitebait head south for the winter, it's time to break out the incredible, edible shrimp. The tough part is deciding whether to use them for bait or eat them yourself. Spot Check: Alligator Creek Reef.
Jan. 14, 2017
- Lower water temperatures mean the sheepshead bite is getting better and better. And the weather is amazing, giving us a rare winter window to go offshore in smaller boats. Spot Check: Caspersen Beach.
Jan. 7, 2017
- We're off to a bang-up new year: Cyberbullies invade the fishing world, the feds may redefine shark fishing, we're overcooking fish, and what a fisherman does when the weather really truly just sucks. Spot Check: Port Charlotte saltwater canals.
Dec. 31, 2016
- The year is just about over, but we'll have a new one starting tomorrow. We've got a few predictions for 2017, plus we're excited about the opening of amberjack season. Spot Check: Matlacha.
Dec. 24, 2016
- It's Christmas Eve, and we're stuck in a broadcast studio because of you. It's OK - we love you anyway. We're talking about tripletail, new tackle (whether you want it or not!) and how this warm water is making opportunities. Spot Check: The west wall.
Dec. 17, 2016
- Capt. Karl Butigan of KB BackCountry Charters
stopped by to talk redfish, and we learned that Josh is going to be doing a bit of education at Harbor Seafood, Meats & More.
Spot Check: Gasparilla Pass.
Dec. 10, 2016
- A little talking about the nasty red tide in the upper Harbor, and then a whole lot of talking about sheepshead and how to catch those bait-stealing punks. Spot Check: Ainger Pier/Tom Adams Bridge.
Dec. 3, 2016
- Capt. Mike and Robert are off, but Josh and Jesse from Old Pine Island Marina have plenty to talk about: Redfish, pompano and the magic of Pine Island Sound. Plus, we have cooking tips from Maralee at Harbor Seafood. Spot Check: Blind Pass.
Dec. 2, 2016
- This isn't actually a Radio WaterLine episode — it's the Dr. Triana show, with Radio WaterLine host Josh Olive as a guest. There's not much fishing how-to here, but you might find it entertaining.
Nov. 26, 2016
- Scattered red tide reports persist, but there are lots of fish to be caught inshore and offshore. Would you rather try for reds before they vanish or snook before season closes? Spot Check: The Bayronto.
Nov. 19, 2016
- Gag grouper are moving in, so let's talk about a couple good ways to target them. Also, red tide shows up in Charlotte Harbor, and what exactly is a Critical Wildlife Area? Spot Check: Whorehouse Point (hey, we didn't name it - we just fish there).
Nov. 12, 2016
- It's time: The kings are here! Whether you want to troll or drift, they're available in the Gulf right now - and it's calm enough to actually get out there and catch 'em. Spot Check: Novak & Tremblay reefs.
Nov. 5, 2016
- Some tips to help you catch a keeper snook before season ends. Plus, we're gearing up for some hot action in the saltwater canal systems. Spot Check: Alligator Creek.
Oct. 29, 2016
- Where's the bait, and how do you catch it? And what's the deal with all these freaking drones? Also, some helpful tips for improving your fishing photos. Spot Check: Bull Bay.
Oct. 22, 2016
- Capt. Mike is out on a charter, but Josh and Robert have plenty to talk about answering questions from listeners. You gonna learn today! Spot Check: The Venice jetties.
Oct. 15, 2016
- The tarpon bite is surging in Charlotte Harbor, and Bob's bobber will help you hook 'em. Plus, some tips and tricks for targeting those delicious pompano. Spot Check: The 20-foot holes.
Oct. 8, 2016
- We spend so much time focusing on catching fish, but how much effort do we put into preparing them? Maralee McGowan of Harbor Seafood, Meats & More walks us through from the water to the plate. Spot Check: The west wall.
Oct. 1, 2016
- Yeah, there's some red tide. It's not the end of the world - we can still go after reds and tarpon inshore, and the offshore bite is muy bueno. Spot Check: Ponce de Leon Park.
Sept. 24, 2016
- It's National Hunting & Fishing Day, and Southwest Florida is loaded down with on-the-water opportunities (and unfortunately, a bit of red tide). Spot Check: Placida Pier.
Sept. 17, 2016
- Capt. Mike is losing his shirt in Las Vegas, so we invited Fishin' Frank to come talk about choosing the right rod, kingfishing and assorted other things that popped into his head. Spot Check: Burnt Store bar.
Sept. 10, 2016
- Where did the big tarpon go, and what's going on with redfish? Plus, Mayan cichlids are delicious.
Sept. 3, 2016
- Post-storm fishing, checking over your tackle, and other miscellaneous rantings. See you next Tuesday!
Aug. 27, 2016
- Getting ready for opening day of snook season, plus we talk with Billy and Charlie about the Dylan Gonzalez Memorial Tournament.
Aug. 20, 2016
- How to get beat up with an artificial leg, the Goliath grouper problem, and what to do about rusty hooks.
Aug. 13, 2016
- Everything you need to know about catching Southwest Florida sharks - plus a few things to avoid doing.
Aug. 6, 2016
- Is it a flounder or a fluke? If you're fishing in Florida, all our flounder are fluke - and if you know how to catch fluke, flounder should be easy.
July 30, 2016
- Sure, there are grouper and snapper, but don't miss your other offshore opportunities. Also, Capt. Mike is a terrible shot.
July 23, 2016
- Amberjack and triggerfish are staying closed, how to fish in hot water, and tricks for shallow-running boats.
July 16, 2016
- The snapper bite is on fire, so let's go get a few. We'll also talk about our ICAST impressions and why you should be buying tackle locally.
July 9, 2016
- It's plenty hot out there, but we know a way to beat the heat: Go after dark. Also, Capt. Mike gets shot with a Nerf gun.
July 2, 2016
- That blue-green algae is gross, but it's not everywhere. Let's see where the redfish are and how to hook 'em.
June 25, 2016
- Sad news, but life goes on. We're catching snook on the beaches and looking ahead to ICAST.
June 18, 2016
- A chat with Capt. Tom about boats and booze, plus the changes that have been raining down on Southwest Florida.
June 11, 2016
- Why the hell would it be illegal to park your boat on your own driveway? Let's explore.
June 4, 2016
- Capt. Mike played with a whale shark, the best ways to freeze fish, and watch the tropics.
May 28, 2016
- Already? Gag grouper and red snapper open this week! It's time to get to the reefs - we'll tell you how to catch 'em.
May 21, 2016
- The rainy season is creeping up on us. Are you ready for the inevitable changes to the fishing patterns?
May 14, 2016
- With so many fishy opportunities right now, we're spoiled for choice. Good news - no one said you had to pick just one.
May 7, 2016
- Josh and Robert talk with Capt. Sandy Melvin about tarpon, bass fishing and the Gasparilla Island Kids Classic tournament.
April 30, 2016
- Avoiding tragedy on the water, changes to gag grouper, the last day of snook season and tarpon googans!
April 23, 2016
- Artficial lures are mysterious things to many anglers, but really, you just need to know how to use them.
April 16, 2016
- This week it's Capt. Mike's turn to be out of the studio, but we replaced him with our old pal Capt. Josh Greer and talked about fly fishing. Good stuff!
April 9, 2016
- Robert's out with a cold, but that's OK: Capt. Mike and Josh can still talk tarpon, and the bite is getting good.
April 2, 2016
- Holy moly, it's our second anniversary! The giveaways are over, but we still have some solid current fishing info for you.
March 26, 2016
- With so many fish to choose from, where do you start? Plan A is redfish, Plan B is cobia - let's make it happen.
March 19, 2016
- It's getting a little sharky out there. Wanna catch 'em like Capt. Mike does? You'll need to catch a few ladyfish first.
March 12, 2016
- The fish are biting, but the bait hasn't shown up yet. Time to grab some artificial lures - but which ones? We got ya covered!
March 5, 2016
- With spring showing itself, the bite is getting really good. Learn how to target snook, day or night, and get ready for offshore pelagics.
Feb. 27, 2016
- Snook season is just about to get underway on the Gulf Coast. Where will you be on opening night, and what will you be casting?
Feb. 20, 2016
- Red tide is vanishing all along the Southwest Florida coast and spring is springing. Get ready for the incredible action that's coming.
Feb. 13, 2016
- Capt. Mike's gonna be on the TV. Also, navigating dark water, chumming for snapper and fishin' with your sweetiehead.
Feb. 6, 2016
- Red tide: Two words no one likes to see together. But is it red tide or just dark water? And how bad are things, really?
Jan. 30, 2016
- It's been raining a lot, and the rivers show it. We're also talking red tide (it's back!), Stump Pass dredging, and those darn googans are everywhere!
Jan. 23, 2016
- Is it a sheepshead, a black drum or a spadefish? Also, tips and techniques for wintertime success in the canals.
Jan. 16, 2016
- Looking for the perfect boat? Bad news - it doesn't exist. But there are some pretty darn good compromises.
Jan. 9, 2016
- The snowbirds are here, so let's take it back to basics: How is saltwater fishing like freshwater fishing? Also, pompano and boat searches.
Jan. 2, 2016
- Hallelujah - red grouper, amberjack and triggerfish are open again! How to find and catch reef fish.
Dec. 26, 2015
- Places and tips for shore-based angling. You can hit the pier, the beach or wade the flats.
Dec. 19, 2015
- Fishing after a cold front can be tough - real tough. But there are techniques you can use that will get a fish on the line. It's also a great time to find fishing spots for the future.
Dec. 12, 2015
- Sheepshead are fun and tasty fish that can be hard to hook. Listen and learn how.
Dec. 5, 2015
- Our debut on KIX Country! Lots of fishing reports, plus a chat with Tim Johnson of Reaper Rods.
Nov. 28, 2015
- Recreational fishing is supposed to be recreational. Tips to put the fun back into your fishing.
Nov. 21, 2015
- Anybody can catch little trout. How do you target the bigger ones? Also, fall tarpon!
Nov. 14, 2015
- Dealing with those endless windy days, plus tips to help beginners catch fish.
Nov. 7, 2015
- Fish don't know it's fall, so get out there and enjoy summer, part deux.
Oct. 31, 2015
- What catches more fish: Artificial lures or natural bait? And which is more fun?
Oct. 24, 2015
- Boating etiquette (don't be a googan!) and how to target tasty floundah.
Oct. 17, 2015
- There's no avoiding the tide. But working with it, not cursing it, can make your fishing better.
Oct. 10, 2015
- "I'm talkin' about sharkin'!" Sharks are fun and usually willing to bite, so why not?
Oct. 3, 2015
- The fall migration is on, and it's time for a big mackerel attackerel on the Gulf of Mexico.
Sept. 26, 2015
- Choosing the perfect rod and reel, plus a friendly chat with local guide Capt. Billy Barton.
Sept. 19, 2015
- There are so many redfish out there it's ridiculous. Here's how to get on 'em.
Sept. 12, 2015
- Tarpon season is over? Hmmm ... looks like somebody forgot to tell the tarpon.
Sept. 5, 2015
- Fall is on the way, and that means a lot of changes are coming. Are you ready for them?
Aug. 29, 2015
- Snook season is opening, but there's a li'l tropical strom out there scaring folks.
Aug. 22, 2015
- We were going to talk about rods and reels, but Fishin' Frank wanted to talk new lures.
Aug. 15, 2015
- There are a lot of fish out there, but finding them is sometimes tough.
Here are our tips.
Aug. 8, 2015
- All about fishing on the flats, plus how that jerkface Mike couldn't bring me one lousy tuna..
Aug. 1, 2015
- Boating regulations are great and all, but you need to apply common sense too.
July 25, 2015
July 18, 2015
July 11, 2015
July 4, 2015
June 27, 2015
June 20, 2015
June 13, 2015
June 6, 2015
May 30, 2015
May 16, 2015
May 9, 2015
May 2, 2015
April 25, 2015
April 18, 2015
April 11, 2015
April 4, 2015
March 28, 2015
March 21, 2015
March 14, 2015
March 7, 2015
Feb. 28, 2015
Feb. 21, 2015
Feb. 14, 2015
Feb. 7, 2015
Jan. 31, 2015
Jan. 24, 2015
Jan. 17, 2015
Jan. 10, 2015
Jan. 3, 2015
Dec. 27, 2014
Dec. 20, 2014
Dec. 13, 2014
Dec. 6, 2014
Nov. 29, 2014
Nov. 22, 2014
Nov. 15, 2014
Nov. 8, 2014
Nov. 1, 2014
Oct. 25, 2014
Oct. 18, 2014
Oct. 11, 2014
Oct. 4, 2014
Sept. 27, 2014
Sept. 20, 2014
Sept. 13, 2014
Sept. 6, 2014
Aug. 30, 2014
Aug. 23, 2014
Aug. 16, 2014
Aug. 9, 2014
Aug. 2, 2014
July 26, 2014
July 19, 2014
July 12, 2014
July 5, 2014
June 28, 2014
June 21, 2014
June 14, 2014
June 7, 2014
May 31, 2014
May 24, 2014
May 17, 2014
May 10, 2014
May 3, 2014
April 26, 2014
April 19, 2014
April 12, 2014
April 5, 2014
March 29, 2014
Radio WaterLine is a part of the Sun Coast Media Group family. All content © Sun Coast Media Group 2014 - 2017.